Job opportunities with OASIS
OASIS RSVP Coordinator job announcement
The OASIS Institute, a national nonprofit organization providing lifelong learning and service programs for adults age 50 plus in 48 U. S. cities, offers an exciting opportunity to join its team in the headquarters office near Westport in St. Louis County in the new position of RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) Coordinator.
The RSVP Coordinator, under a three-year federal grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service, coordinates RSVP in St. Louis City, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. Position reports to the OASIS Network and Civic Engagement Director.
Provide administrative oversight of RSVP by developing and implementing policies, setting annual program goals, managing data, reviewing financial statements, preparing annual budget and generating required reports.
- Recruit, train and support volunteer stations (schools and school districts, youth serving organizations, OASIS, other) to ensure effective screening, training, placement, support and recognition of RSVP volunteers who serve in selected schools in the in-school OASIS Intergenerational Tutoring Program, the out-of-school OASIS CATCH Healthy Habits intergenerational program, and in capacity building volunteer roles.
- Recruit a diverse pool of volunteers through community presentations, media, print and online channels and the efforts of trained volunteer recruiters; enroll volunteers in RSVP.
- Develop and implement a process for tracking RSVP volunteer hours and document results.
- Work with school staff, other OASIS staff and consultants to implement the WRAT assessment, a standardized test of word recognition administered at the beginning and end of a school year for students in the tutoring program, and document results.
- Work with RSVP Community Advisory Group, soliciting their advice and assistance on matters affecting project operation.
Desired skills, experience and other qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, 3-5 years related experience
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; database experience preferred
- Experience in community outreach, skills in building and maintaining relationships with partner organizations
- Grant management and budget experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Knowledge of the current K-5 educational environment
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage options
- Paid time off
- Paid pension plan
- 401(k)/403(b) savings plan with employer match
- Tuition Assistance
- The OASIS RSVP Coordinator is a Barnes Jewish Hospital Employee.
- Apply online at www.barnesjewish.org/careers as an external applicant.
- Search for Job Opening ID: 1127480