Help get kids moving and eating
healthfully this summer
Volunteer to CATCH Healthy Habits!
The CATCH Healthy Habits Program is a unique volunteer opportunity that allows you to make a difference in the life of a child and in your community, and improve your health, too! In the CATCH Healthy Habits Program, adults age 50+ teach children in grades K-5 healthy habits for a lifetime. The children and adults have a lot of fun as they learn together how to stay healthy and fit. Volunteers work together in teams of four, so you are never by yourself. The Atlanta Area Agency on Aging RSVP Program is the local sponsor of this program. All training and class materials are provided free of charge.
CATCH classes are one-hour long and are conducted once a week for a period of eight weeks. This summer CATCH classes will be held in the metro Atlanta area beginning the week on June 3 through the week of July 31. Volunteer training will be held May 22 and May 23 at the Villages at Carver YMCA, in southwest Atlanta. See below for the locations, dates and times of CATCH classes.
CATCH Healthy Habits is a wonderful way to improve your health and celebrate healthy living in your community, so join us! To volunteer or receive more information about the CATCH Healthy Habits Program, contact Mary Newton at ARC at 404.463.3119 or firstname.lastname@example.org. CATCH Healthy Habits - it’s contagious!
You can help!
Summer 2013 CATCH Class locations
- Kinship Care Resources Center, 849 Battle Creek Rd, Jonesboro, Tuesdays, June 11–July 30, 9:30-10:30 am
- Villages at Carver YMCA, 1600 Pryor Road, ATL 30315, Mondays, June 3-July 22, 9:30-10:30 am
- Sanders YMCA, 1160 Moores Mill Rd, NW, ATL 30324, Tuesdays, June 4-July 23, 10:45-11:45 am
- McCleskey-East Cobb YMCA, 1160 East, Piedmont Rd, Marietta GA 30068,Wednesdays, June 5–July 24, 10-11 am
- DeKalb Intergenerational CTR, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, 30034, Thursdays, June 6–August 1, 9:30 am-10:30 am
- Longwood Vista Apartments, 2300 Global Forum Blvd, Doraville, 30340, Mondays, June 10–July 22, 10 am–11 am
To learn more, contact Mary Newton at 404-463-3119 or email@example.com.
Here's more on CATCH Healthy Habits.
Meet some of our volunteers!
Janet may be new to the U.S. but she joined CATCH with an extensive background in nutrition education. “As a citizen of the UK, I was keen to find out how nutrition education and adopting healthy lifestyle habits are delivered and work here.”
Janet understands how important it is to help children develop healthy habits and act as a good role model, so she was a perfect fit for Atlanta’s CATCH Healthy Habits program. More on Janet ...
Diane (C) with her fellow Atlanta volunteers, Iverria Henderson (L) and Dianne Solomon (R)
Diane first heard about the CATCH Healthy Habits Program at the Lou Walker Senior Center in Atlanta, where she was already involved and having fun.
“I have always believed in the wholesomeness of intergenerational interaction. And I needed more to fulfill my life,” she said. More on Diane ...