Welcome to Pacific Region OASIS in Los Angeles
Pacific Region OASIS offers education and volunteer programs for adults age 50-plus in the greater Los Angeles area. Discover more ways to grow, learn and connect with your community at OASIS!
Membership is free. Members receive a catalog of classes and volunteer opportunities three times a year. If you are not already a member, we invite you to join now.
Our 2014 Winter catalog is here
Winter 2014 Registration
- In-person registration will be January 7 at Baldwin Hills and January 9 at Westside
- Regular online registration opens January 10
AMAZING new classes to look for this term!
Historic Gems: Lectures and trips to important architectural sites in Los Angeles with Mr. Peyton Hall, Architectural Historian:
- 631B1 – Sanchez Adobe House (oldest building in LA) Lecture
Wednesday, February 5, 1 to 3 pm at Baldwin Hills
- 1400B1 & 1400W1 – Sanchez Adobe House & Olvera Street Trip
Wednesday, February 12 (see catalog for center departure times)
- 634B1– The Rose Bowl Lecture
Wednesday, March 12, 10:30 to 11:30 am at Baldwin Hills
- 1402B1 & 1402W1 – The Rose Bowl & Old Town Pasadena Trip
Wednesday, March 19 (see catalog for center departure times)
My Story, Our History: Female Firsts: Dr. Willie Hobs Moore, the first African American women to receive a Ph.D. in Physics and Dr. Mae C. Jemison, the first African American women in outer space, will speak on their life journeys.
- 627B1– Thursday, February 6, 10:30 to 11:30 am at Baldwin Hills
Last of the One Night Stands: Documentary on the big band era profiling the Lee Williams Band with a special lecture by the film’s producer, Prof. Nate Thomas, Head of the Film Option at California State University, Northridge
- 618B1 - Friday, February 7, 1 to 4 pm at Baldwin Hills
- 715W1- Friday, March 7, 1 to 4 pm at Westside
Hatha Yoga: New Yoga Class on the Westside; Classic postures and breathing to help with relaxation, muscle strength and overall mind-body harmonization.
- 731W1 - Monday, Feb. 10 to Mar. 31, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm at Westside
Health & the Internet: Improve your internet skills to increase your health knowledge
- 683B1 – Tuesday, Feb. 4 to Feb 25, 1 to 2:30 pm at Baldwin Hills
- 755W1 – Thursday, Mar. 10 to Apr. 10, 1 to 2:30 pm at Westside