- This subscription service gives you access to large databases of genealogical data including U.S. Census data and government birth, marriage and death records.
- This free database indexes all the world's genealogical resources, whether on the Internet or not, and whether free or fee-paying. Use this tool to find out if a piece of genealogical data exists and where to find it.
- The largest genealogical entity on the Internet. It has dozens of interactive communities, including the arts and humanities, entertainment, education, health, pets, collectibles, sports, travel, and science and technology. It will also host any number of your own websites for free.
- A searchable database of every immigrant who passed through Ellis Island, plus a genealogy learning center and other tools to help find your ancestors.
Many students in the OASIS "Tell Us Your Story
" classes have published their family stories on the Statue of Liberty- Ellis Island website. More>
- This free service of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints offers a large store of genealogical records, free software to create your family tree, and forums where you can share information with others.
Southern California Genealogy Society
- Located in Burbank, offers instruction in effective research techniques. The Society houses a Family Research Library with 20,000-30,000 books and manuscripts and computers with connections to sites like Ancestry.com and HeritageQuest.