Make a difference in the life of a child
Help a child learn to love reading and learning!
Would you be willing to spend some time each week doing something fun and fulfilling - especially if you knew it could change a child’s life forever?
If your answer is “yes,” please consider being a tutor, mentor and friend for a child who needs help developing reading and language skills.
Through the OASIS Intergenerational Tutoring program, volunteers, your neighborhood schools and OASIS work together to help children build reading skills, self-esteem and positive attitudes toward learning. Training and materials are provided; no teaching experience is needed.
Contact Kathryn Gray in San Diego: firstname.lastname@example.org 619-269-8014 or John Dunnicliff in North County: email@example.com 760-796-6020, for more information.
Jan 2015 San Diego/Escondido OASIS Tutor Training
Do you remember who taught you to read? Do you remember how it opened up the world to you? Help a child open up their world—volunteer! Each year OASIS places adults in local San Diego elementary schools helping children grades K-4 enhance their reading and writing skills. We would love to have you join us!
New tutor training in the following locations:
MISSION VALLEY (San Diego Unified, La Mesa-Spring Valley, Chula Vista and Cajon Valley School Districts)
- Tuesday Jan. 13-Wed. Jan 14 12:00-3:00 pm (2-day training)
- San Diego OASIS, 1702 Camino del Rio North, Macy’s Mission Valley-third floor
- Contact Kathryn Gray, Tutoring Coordinator, to register: firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 269-8014
ESCONDIDO (Ramona, Poway, Vista, Encinitas and Temecula School Districts)
- Escondido - Thursday January 8, 2015 at 11:00am - 1:00 pm or Thursday January 29, 2105 at 11:00am - 1:00 pm
- Escondido (OASIS) Senior Center, 210 Park Ave.
- Contact John Dunnicliff, Tutoring Coordinator, (760) 796-6020, email@example.com to register.
- Monday January 12, 2015 at 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- Contact Lynn Hardy, Tutor Trainer, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Training will be scheduled when requested.
- Contact Jane Radatz, Tutor Trainer, at email@example.com for more information.