Join Los Angeles Oasis for exciting programs!
Satisfy your curiosity. Pursue your passions. Stay connected. Take charge of your health. Discover the joy of giving back to your community. You can do all of this through Oasis programs. In addition to learning new things, participants say they appreciate the personal connections that come with being a part of a new community. Adventures are always more exciting if shared with friends! Look through our course catalog and find something that you’ve always wanted to try. Or dive back into something you already love. What are you waiting for?
Great News for Members!
Los Angeles Oasis has moved to an annual (12-month) membership model. The $10 per trimester processing fee has been eliminated. The membership fee is $20 ($10 for Santa Monica residents*). When registering online for the summer trimester, simply add the membership course to your shopping cart and pay for your membership upon checkout. To complete the membership process, please fill out the membership application and submit it at the Baldwin Hills or Westside locations. Santa Monica residents must provide proof of residency as required by the City of Santa Monica. Please bring photo ID (i.e. valid driver's license, passport, or California ID) along with additional proof of residency (i.e. current phone or utility bill). Upon verifying residency, a $10 credit toward an Oasis course will be provided.
*City of Santa Monica funding support
View Summer Catalog | Sign Up for Summer Courses
A few examples of Summer courses
Distinguished Speaker Series
Attend our Oasis Distinguished Speaker Series! Hear experts, accomplished in their fields, speak on various topics.
• Gregg Oppenheimer: "Oh, Loo-see..." (Lucy...)
• Reverend Joanne Carson: Thriving in Your Third Act
• Kathryn Ford: Small Changes, Big Results!
• Sebastian John Walter Young: Climate Change - What's the BIG DEAL??
• Julie Engleman: Protecting Our Planet - Climate Change On Us and the Next Generation
Learn more about art history, attend a poetry workshop or bring back the musician in you.
• The Oasis Chorale is a staple of Oasis and the community. Novice and experienced singers alike are welcome to join this fun group.
• Join other music lovers as we "cover" American popular songs with the Rockin' Rhythm Choir: Soul with Rock & Roll.
• Explore and discuss poetry and work on your own poems in our Poetry Workshops.
Technology is ever-changing, and Oasis can help you embrace the tech tools you need to stay connected.
• Go mobile in one of our classes about iPhones, iPads or Android phones and tablets.
• Master the basics of the Internet, PowerPoint, Excel and Windows. Also learn about safety and securyt online.
There are so many ways to keep moving! Choose from a wide range of options. Find something fun!
• Pick a dance and give it whirl: LatinShapes, Dance Aerobics and more.
• Stay seated and get fit with Chair Exercise or Sit-Down Aerobics.
• Tai Chi is low impact movement that improves balance, flexibility and relaxation.
Find a book club, join a discussion group on current events or discover something new.
Find out about fraud prevention, investment basics for seniors, smart driving courses and a number of other topics you can use every day to improve your knowledge and confidence.
Become an Oasis Tutor
Interested in working one-on-one with a child? The Oasis Intergenerational Tutoring program might be just right thing for you. No teaching experience required for this volunteer opportunity that is changing lives for children and adults.