The Oasis Institute, a national nonprofit organization headquartered in St. Louis with a mission to promote healthy aging nationwide, offers an exciting opportunity for a nonprofit professional to join Oasis’ development team and support the organization to meet its yearly revenue goals. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Director of Development and the Director of Development to advance and execute activities that support The Oasis Institute national office and the local St. Louis Oasis center while gaining experience with individual giving and grants.
This position is located in Maryland Heights, Missouri, and is mostly remote but does include some office work. Candidates would need to have the ability to come into the office occasionally for meetings when necessary. Oasis staff are employed through a leased employment agreement with Barnes-Jewish Hospital (BJH), and Oasis is part of the Community Health Improvement team. Team members enjoy excellent benefits, including healthcare, a pension, and a generous PTO policy. To find out more about BJC’s benefits: https://www.bjctotalrewards.org/
- Manage gift acknowledgment process for St. Louis, including timely and accurate acknowledgment of all gifts.
- Support with gathering content for grant applications and reports for St. Louis and the Oasis network, including working with program teams to gather data and relevant programmatic updates, preparing first drafts of narrative proposals and reports to funders, assisting with gathering other documentation needed for grants such as attachments and other requirements, and assistance with packaging/uploading grant applications and reports for submission.
- Provide individual donor support, serving as the first point of contact for donors and assisting with donor follow-up.
- Assist with operational logistics for individual giving including coordinating the spring and fall direct mail appeal process for St. Louis and the Oasis network and coordinating different cultivation and stewardship activities throughout the year.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the marketing and program teams on projects related to donor engagement and stewardship.
- Support the development team with special projects and campaigns as needed throughout the year (activities related to events, major gifts, planned giving, online campaigns, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years related experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong personal code of ethics
Experience with writing (grant, fundraising, marketing, etc.)
$21.58/hr – $35.14/hr
As described above, Oasis staff are employed through a leased employment agreement with Barnes-Jewish Hospital (BJH). If interested in this position, please submit your resume and complete the online application through BJC’s on-line portal by clicking on the following link. The position will be titled as “Philanthropy Coordinator” in the BJH system (Job ID 38498).
Philanthropy Coordinator in Saint Louis, Missouri