Oasis offers an exciting leadership opportunity with Indianapolis Oasis. Indianapolis Oasis is part of a national network of other regional centers and the Oasis Institute, a national nonprofit organization, headquartered in St. Louis, with a mission to promote healthy aging through lifelong learning, health promotion and volunteer engagement. https://indianapolis.oasisnet.org
This position is 20 hours per week, with the opportunity to become a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $25,000-$28,000, dependent upon experience, and reports to the Indianapolis Oasis Board and department leaders at the National Office.
• Manage all daily operations of Indianapolis Oasis including program development, coordinating with the finance and accounting team at the National Office, volunteer engagement, promotion efforts, and partnership development.
• Develop, support, and coordinate exercise, lifelong learning, and social connection programs on a trimester basis, and work with the Oasis Institute Marketing team to publish and distribute virtual and print catalogs each trimester.
• Monitor earned revenue and make price, class title and content, instructor, and schedule adjustments as necessary to ensure a financially diverse and sustainable organization.
• Identify, recruit, and manage class instructors and volunteers. Build a strong volunteer team to:
• Make Oasis a vibrant and welcoming community.
• Support all aspects of Oasis operations and community initiatives.
• Develop community partnerships that will expand the reach to a broad and diverse audience. Work to expand Oasis brand identity throughout Indianapolis area.
• In collaboration with the Oasis Institute National Development Director, implement a donor development strategy. Development initiatives will include individual donor development, foundation and corporate grant writing, and pursuing public-sector funding opportunities.
• Work with the Oasis Institute to pilot new programs and strategies for national dissemination.
• Attend Indianapolis Oasis Board meetings, assist with the recruitment of new Board members, and communicate actively with the Board as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal, financial, and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for working with older adults
• Ability to be flexible
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
• Bachelor’s degree, and experience in a customer-facing business, hospitality, nonprofit management or a related field
• 2-5 years supervisory/management experience with staff or volunteers, preferred
• Database experience
Interested parties should apply by submitting a resume, along with a paragraph explaining why you are interested in the position to